Thursday, November 02, 2006

Into the Woods

My roommate's brother and sister-in-law are staying with us. They're very friendly. I can hear him snoring through my wall. This usually scares his wife down to the living room to sleep on the couch, which means when I want a snack I have to tiptoe around in the dark.

I love musicals. They always impress me: so much coordination. The hours of work are readily apparent.

I should relate that during this particular production of Into the Woods, during one of Cinderella's dialogs with her helpful birds, from the orchestra pit came the expected sound effects of chirps and tweets, and then--unexpected, but very audible--a massive moo.

Wrong button. The band was in hysterics.


JAY: Did you hear about the Topology Journal?

SCOTT: Is that like, the beginning to a joke? Like I say no, and you say, "It's bent out of shape"?

JAY: No.


SASHA: Have either of you seen this before? The final number has a tune that sounds just like The Candyman. "Sometimes people leave you..." Which of course is the same notes as "Who can take a sunrise..."

SCOTT: I guess this proves once and for all that Sondheim is a hack. "Who can steal a melody..."

No comments: