Sunday, February 04, 2007

I'm Different

Dad: So you watching the game?

Me: What game?


I usually do battle with my alarm clock in the morning over a period of 1-3 hours. It buzzes, I jump out of bed, slam Snooze, and dive back under the covers--ten minutes later, we repeat this match.

One effect of this, I think, is that I have a vast quantity of short-lived five minute dreams or so, which is usually enough to cover a wide range of fantasies, nightmares, and general experiences. I wake up deluged by weird thoughts and memories that I have to sort out in the shower: "All right, let's think. Ordering two chocolate milkshakes at Wendy's? That probably really happened. Tea with President McKinley? Probably not." Today I spent the entire day thinking about somebody because they'd popped up in a dream, having to constantly stop and reassess whether or not I'd actually seen them recently. I hadn't.

No comments: