Sunday, June 17, 2007

Dinner Music

GRANDMOTHER: Why can't you put something classical on?

SCOTT:
No.

GRANDMOTHER:
Why?

SCOTT:
Because no one appreciates it.

GRANDMOTHER:
Why do you assume that?

SCOTT:
Because none of you care what classical music happens to be on. You just want anything pretty, but you don't actually listen to it. You want it on so you don't pay attention to it. You'll say play some Mozart, but you have no idea if what's on is Mozart or not.

GRANDMOTHER:
What? You don't like Mozart?

SCOTT: I do like Mozart, but I'm entitled to, because I can actually tell you specific pieces by Mozart that I like.

GRANDMOTHER:
I like the Minuet in G. Bah... de-dah, de-dah, de-dah, de-dah.

SCOTT: That's Beethoven.

MOM: Bah, ba-da-da-da-dah, da da. Bah, ba-da-da-da-dah, da da.

SCOTT:
Bach. You're O for 2, y'all want to keep trying?

MOM: You're a snob.

SCOTT: I'm allowed to be a snob about one thing.

No comments: