Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Ironing

Scott:
My first attempt at ironing could be going better.

RJ:

Smoke?

Scott:

We got some of that.

RJ:

What are you trying to iron?

Scott:

The cat. It's being very uncooperative.

It's a 55% linen shirt.

RJ:

Well, first off, make sure you're not wearing the cat.
Water in the iron.
Highest setting.
Small passess.
With the grain of the fur.

Scott:

I think the shirt is now as wrinkled as when I started. I'm cutting my losses.

RJ:

Linen is tough.

Scott:

Wow, my khakis are like a dream after that shirt.

RJ:

You need to get some bad rayon tropical print shirts.
No ironing required.
When anyone asks you if your shirt is wrinkled, you just reply, "actually, it's ironic."
Not that that means anything.
But if said authoritatively, it will carry the day.


_____________________________________
RJ:

I didn't think libertarians were into ironing.
There's got to be a metaphor there.

Scott:
Are you going to make an Iron Curtain joke?
Because that would just be awesome.

No comments: