Thursday, July 12, 2007

$40

[7/11/2007 6:53:59 PM] Scott says: So I'm going to give you $40. If I don't approach two attractive girls by midnight tomorrow night, you can keep it.

[7/11/2007 6:54:16 PM] Jay Goodman Tamboli says: What qualifies as an "approach"?

[7/11/2007 6:54:25 PM] Jay Goodman Tamboli says: And if you get laid by the first one, is the second one waived?

[7/11/2007 6:55:03 PM] Scott says: Good question. Let's say, an approach will consist of, at the very least, an exchange of names. Getting laid is not an excuse.

[7/11/2007 6:55:09 PM] Jay Goodman Tamboli says: OK


Scene. Bar, Jay and Scott sitting at booth, drinking lager. 10 PM

SCOTT: That blond in the blue is cute.

JAY:
Yep. But she's getting her meal in a bag. So she's leaving.

SCOTT:
The universe is against me.

JAY: Wait--my God, she's actually eating her meal out of the bag.

SCOTT: Out of the bag?

JAY: Out of the bag!

SCOTT: I should go over.

JAY: You know, I'm not going to give you your money back unless you do. I'm too good a friend.

SCOTT: I know. That's why I picked you.

Intermission.

Scene. Jay sitting alone in booth. Scott sits down.

SCOTT:
Give me my damn money.

JAY: I saw her laughing. That's good.

SCOTT:
(long sigh, smile) Yep.

Blond girl passes table.

BLOND: Have a good night!

SCOTT: You too! ... Her name is Brenda.

1 comment:

Joshua Holmes said...

"The hot girl's name is Brenda." is not a phrase I utter often.