Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Entropy

At the very least, I got in my run today. Also did some abwork, and lots of laundry. Bob's left for a week--when I have a roommate, I keep the seething pit of entropy that are my belongings barricaded in my room, but the moment I have the house to myself, the second law of thermodynamics breaks out, covering every available surface with semi-folded laundry, candy bar wrappers, pagodas of dirty dishes, half-read books, and shoes.

David got me hooked on Big Love (after getting me hooked on Weeds and Flight of the Conchords), so I've been catching up with that. Viewing this is accompanied by frequent emails to a Mormon friend, all along the lines of "The characters on Big Love are doing X. Do Mormons really do X?"

[5:34:36 PM] Jay Goodman Tamboli says:
Since when is mooning illegal? And how does the Secret Service issue warrants? http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/dcist05/~3/149363109/karl_rove_wants.php

[5:56:48 PM] Scott says:
A. Beats me--the night sky does it all the time. B. Any way it wants.


[9:00:18 PM] Jay Goodman Tamboli says:
Hmm. First adjective that comes to mind when sipping this wine: "stinky"

[9:05:56 PM] Jay Goodman Tamboli says:
Should I conclude that all sauvignon blancs are stinky, or just this one?

[9:08:06 PM] Scott says:
Interesting question. Raises immense philosophical issues: how many data points does one need to conclude something about the entire category? How does one define category?

No comments: