Friday, August 31, 2007

The Week in Skype Messages

*ACT I*


[9:53:44 AM] Scott says: I couldn't get to sleep Wednesday night, so around 4 AM it occurred to me I could get wasted and that would put me to sleep. So I broke into Bob's rum. This put me to sleep, but I didn't get up till 1.

[9:53:56 AM] Jay Goodman Tamboli says:
lol. OK

[9:54:16 AM] Scott says:
In retrospect, not one of my better ideas.


[4:19:50 PM] Scott says:
I've got to buy a bottle of Rum for Bob, since I drank his. But his bottle wasn't full, so I'm entitled to half. What say you?

[4:20:20 PM] Jay Goodman Tamboli says:
Does he know you drank it? If you drank it without his permission, I think he's entitled to some interest or something.

[4:20:56 PM] Scott says:
Why would he be entitled to interest? I didn't check it out of his rum account at the bank where it was earning a steady 5%.

[4:21:11 PM] Scott says:
If anything, he's getting fresher rum out of the deal.

[4:21:23 PM] Jay Goodman Tamboli says:
Does rum go bad?

[4:21:39 PM] Jay Goodman Tamboli says:
But you deprived him of the possibility of drinking rum that night. Surely that's worth something.

[4:22:10 PM] Scott says:
He's in Florida. Or San Francisco. Somewhere.

[4:22:39 PM] Jay Goodman Tamboli says:
What he doesn't know can't hurt him. You owe him a half-bottle.

[4:24:39 PM] Scott says:
Though I suppose he could have called Wed night and said to give his rum to somebody--and I did rob him of that choice. But I think I've got an implied licence to drink a roommate's stuff so long as I replace it.

*INTERLUDE*


[4:45:38 PM] Scott says:
Make sure you read that article on the usefulness of men.

[4:45:46 PM] Jay Goodman Tamboli says:
That thing was fucking long.

[4:48:31 PM] Scott says: That's what she--nah, too easy.

*ACT II*


[4:58:34 PM] Scott says:
I'm out. Want to come to my place, watch something or other?

[4:59:03 PM] Jay Goodman Tamboli says:
Sure. Should I bring something to watch, or do you have enough Weeds, Wire, and whatever else?

[4:59:26 PM] Jay Goodman Tamboli says:
And should I bring some scotch? If you tell me what kind of rum, I might be able to get it at Schneider's for you.

[5:00:32 PM] Scott says:
Bacardi Superior, I believe was the name. Actually by the end of the evening, it was more like Bacardi Bacardi Superior Superior.

[5:00:43 PM] Jay Goodman Tamboli says:
heh. OK.

[5:00:44 PM] Scott says:
Check for the first one, and the latter if you can't find that.

[5:00:49 PM] Jay Goodman Tamboli says:
OK OK.

*EPILOGUE*



[11:28:21 PM] Scott says:
I hid the rum from myself and now I can't find it.

[11:28:26 PM] Jay Goodman Tamboli says:
lol

[11:28:49 PM] Jay Goodman Tamboli says: That is my new away message.

No comments: