Monday, March 10, 2008

Hmm.

Great day brewing here. In the kitchen today, not one, but two styrofoam cups filled with fruit cocktail. Where did they come from? Are they good to eat? you ask. And while you're asking that, you asshole, I've already grabbed both cups.

Fruit is fantastic. For one, it's filling, so I don't have to stuff myself with hamburger come lunch time--I do, but I don't have to. Plus, for all I know, it's healthier. I'm going to eat more fruit, like Skittles.

Be hitting the gym this evening, even though I can barely move my neck. I guess three years of sleeping on a bed a foot too short for me finally caught up. My neck muscles feel like buried rocks.

That was a simile. Speaking of similes, I've been writing lately. I got bored of my MMORPG. Sure, I was wandering the fields of Vana'diel, synthing and desynthing through the intermediate boneworking echelons, partying in the Crawler's Nest sans map and working up to soloing some of the more dangerous Soldier mobs (they agg by smell and sight!), but I was just going through the motions. Another hobby had to be found. My writing is terrible, to be sure (note, for example, the passive voice here--far better to have written "I write terribly"). And for all I know, it will stay that way.

I'm reminded of a classmate from Wake who decided to go to grad school in music. "I'm sorry, I thought you said 'music.'" "Oh, I did." "Hmm."

That's me, people. "Hahaha. I'm sorry, I thought you said 'writing.'" "I did."

Might as well try, though. That's the balance of things at present, at least.

"Hmm."

No comments: