Tuesday, April 01, 2008

My Right Shoulder is Going to Be So Huge

Jay and I had an epic racquetball series today.

Honesty requires I report Jay won, 3-2, mainly by cheating, with a smattering of luck.

Truth be told, I can barely move. But my roommate's gone, so somehow I found the energy for... naked dancing throughout the condo. A good naked condo dance requires a skillfully carried loaf of French bread (after all, our windows face the street), and one iTunes playlist set on shuffle, all ABBA.

I was reading some comment threads on materialism vs. dualism, my topic du jour, when I found some guy ably defending Chalmers's basic property dualism argument, nearly by himself. Here's a philosophy professor, thought I, that the Internet could use more of, and so I sent him an email, complimenting. He wrote back and asked me if I was the same Scott Scheule who writes for Distributed Republic, and then, as I couldn't think of a good lie and had to admit I was, he mildly gushed a thank you.

I guess two things interesting here: 1. I mistook a college student for someone with tenure, to his credit; and 2. he thought my approval has more weight than I'd ever allot it, to mine.

Now, to sleep off the shame of my thrashing at the racket of Tamboli.

Christ, I'm glad they've got raquetball in heaven.

[3/30/2008 11:32:34] Scott says: Bring 2 rackets.

[3/30/2008 11:32:47] Jay Goodman Tamboli says:
Racquets?

[3/30/2008 11:32:59] Jay Goodman Tamboli says:
That doesn't sound right.

[3/30/2008 11:33:11] Scott says:
It's pronounced, rac-kay.

[3/30/2008 11:33:29] Scott says: Like that Sly Stallone movie.

No comments: