Monday, September 29, 2008

The Goy of Learning: Multiculturalism with My Favorite Jew

Hanah: he's at day care now

me: And you've nothing to do.

Hanah: are you kidding? I'm cooking rosh hashanah dinner

me:
Of course I was kidding. I would never forget Rosh Hashanah.

Hanah: heh

me:
It doesn't seem fair that you get two New Years. I don't want you celebrating the other one.

Hanah: it's also my Jewish birthday

me:
So you get two birthdays? How does that work?

Hanah:
I'm 27 and 28 at the same time

me: My good friend Hanah turns out to be in a state of quantum superposition.

Hanah:
exciting, isn't it?

me:
I had no idea you were so unstable.
Well, some idea.

Hanah:
for 19 days this year!

me:
So is every Jewish birthday just the normal one plus 19?

Hanah:
i'll explain when i have my other hand back

me: I'm not sure I want to know.

Hanah:
breast pump

me:
I was right.

Hanah:
could be worse

me:
At least the financial sector's doing ok.
Wait a tic.

Hanah:
I forgot about charlie for a few minutes. Am I a bad mom?

me:
No, it's ok, because I happened to be thinking of him for those few minutes.

Hanah:
whew

me: Anytime.



FanoftheSitcom227 (10:48:14 PM):
i'll have to watch

Remy Boncouer (10:48:32 PM): Plus it's a decent movie besides. And Vivien Leigh is gorgeous.

Remy Boncouer (10:48:38 PM): Or was. When she wasn't dead.

Remy Boncouer (10:48:41 PM): Isn't that always the way.

No comments: