Monday, September 22, 2008

More News on the Pet-Nouveau Front

Scott: It just hit me--perfect pet: the bat.
But I looked it up, and apparently they're really miserable in captivity--but I bet dogs and cats were like that too at the beginning.


Jay:
How much space do they need?


Scott:
I dunno. Maybe you can just put a little house in your backyard and get them to return.


Jay:
So if you domesticated it it might be OK.


Scott:
I don't know. I'll have to talk to a bat expert.


Jay:
yeah
But it'd be fucking awesome to walk around town with a bat on your shoulder.
Or hanging from under your arm or something.


Scott:
Holy shit. Or a little leash?


Jay:
hahah
yea


Scott:
Bumblebee Bats! How much space could they really need?



Jay:
They're small, but cool.
And they eat bugs. Also good.


Scott:
And endangered--we'd be doing the world a favor by raising more of them.


Jay:
yeah!


Scott:
Plus, it's about time we groomed a species to take over after us, you know, after we all destroy each other.

No comments: