Wednesday, May 12, 2010

A month ago or so, during Latin class, Jay looked over the parapet at Barnes and Nobel on the second floor and saw a woman he recognized browsing through the new fiction.

"Is that Elena Kagan?" said Jay.

"Who the hell is Elena Kagan?" said I.

"The solicitor general."

"Ah. Well, let's find out then.... HEY ELENA!!!" I yelled. She quickly looked up, and we both ducked under the table. "I guess it was her," said I.

"I can't believe you did that," said Jay.

Because I don't follow politics,* I didn't realize that this was the same woman currently up for a seat on the Court. Today Jay pointed out how tired he was of people talking about Kagan.


SCOTT:

I had to Google who Kagan was.


JAY:

What? You yelled at her in Barnes & Noble!


SCOTT:

Whoa! That Kagan?


JAY:


"Elena!" (ducks)

Yeah, that one.


*Because I consider everyone who disagrees with me too wrong to have a meaningful discussion with.

No comments: