Thursday, June 17, 2010

Ankyloglossia

SCOTT: Where is everyone?

LOREN: They're at training.

SCOTT:
Ah. But you and I need no training.

LOREN: For we were born perfect.

SCOTT:
Except, I couldn't make a "th" sound because the ligament under my tongue was too tight.

LOREN: Really?

SCOTT: I would say, "One, two, tree..."

LOREN: Ah, so you would have fit in in Jamaica.

SCOTT: Those are the options my parents had to consider. Do we fix his tongue or do we send him to live with his Jamaican uncle?

LOREN:
So the choice was between dreadlocks and slicing your tongue.

SCOTT: Yeah. We tried the dreadlocks for a couple years, but eventually my parents...

LOREN:
Decided to cut the hair and the tongue.

SCOTT: That was the worst birthday of my life.

PS: Ankylo comes from the Greek for crooked.

No comments: