Monday, February 28, 2011

Charlemagne's Guinea Pig = Good Band Name

SCOTT: I was listening to some lecture about the Early Middle Ages, and Charlemagne's -- you know, Carlomagno, tu cobayo -- spreading of Christianity in pagan Anglo-Saxon England, and... wait, cobayo? ... No ... tocayo! Tu tocayo! Namesake. What did I say? Charlemagne, your guinea pig? You must have had no idea what I was talking about.

CARLOS, EL TOCAYO DE CARLOMAGNO:
I knew what you were trying to say.

SCOTT:
Reminds me. In Latin yesterday, we were reading a passage about a boat during a storm, and it being filled with water: aquā implērī. Only Robert, reading it, said equā implērī, meaning filling with female horses. I imagine the sailors at that point throwing in the towel. "Look, we've been bailing water for the past five hours, and that's cool, but this shit? There are fucking female horses falling from the sky. Nicely played Neptune. You win, keep the boat."

CARLOS: Time to start swimming.

No comments: